Be prepared for the Future:
Synthetic Fuels and Chemical raw material made from Methanol
Ready for the Energy Transition thanks to Power-to-Liquid (PtL) technology
Renewable energies are the future. Alternative energy sources also include synthetic fuels and chemical raw material. ViRiDi Energy stands for the construction and operation of plants for the production of synthetic methanol – from business planning to product marketing.
How does the methanol synthesis work? The basis is green hydrogen obtained from green electricity via electrolysis – with the addition of carbon dioxide from an industrial carbon dioxide source. With this future-oriented technology, we are creating an infrastructure-compatible basis for the supply of liquid energy sources.
What are the advantages of synthetic methanol? Thanks to the wide range of possible applications in the fuel and chemical industries, it makes a significant contribution to the decarbonization and defossilization of the industry and transport sectors.
As a power-to-liquid (PtL) technology, this synthetic fuel is an integral part of the sector coupling in the context of the energy transition.
Entering the imperative circular carbon economy, i.e. into the processes which do not generate additional carbon dioxide, is made possible by extracting carbon dioxide from industrial sources.
Mission: Energy transition
- Our focus is the decarbonization and defossilization of the industry and transport sectors on the basis of green methanol as a synthetic fuel for the future.
Technological approach of synthetic fuels
- We take carbon dioxide from existing industrial sources and at the same time create industrial CO2– cycles.
- We generate hydrogen through electrolysis from renewable electrical energy sources.
- This is how we obtain green methanol from the catalytic reaction of CO2 + H2.
Economic efficiency of Power to Liquid (PtL)
- We make a significant contribution to the optimization and standardization of production systems and their operating processes.
- At the same time, scalability to the locally existing infrastructure and environmental compatibility is guaranteed.
- By using proven technologies, we reduce the investment risk.
All the benefits at a glance
- Continuous optimization of the operating processes through the use of dedicated real-time simulation software
- Scalable, decentralized approach – adapted to the locally available resources green electricity, carbon dioxide and fresh water
- High quality standards through the use of proven technologies
- Environmentally friendly and cost-effective integration into the existing infrastructure in the areas of transport and storage
Synthetic methanol production process
FOR CARBON DIOXIDE
In the medium to long term, CO2 emissions are unavoidable for certain industries.
This applies in particular to the following areas:
- This applies in particular to the following areas: Cement industry (responsible for 5% of all man-made carbon emissions)
- Steel industry
- Waste incineration plants
- Paper mills
- Glass and ceramic industry
- Wood processing
The alternative to storing carbon (e.g. in the seabed ) is expensive – in addition, the sustainability of the process for CO2 capture and storage (CCS process) is viewed critically.
The capture in connection with the recycling of carbon (CCU process) is the most promising alternative and our approach to reducing CO2 emissions.
Application of synthetic fuels
Synthetic methanol is the ideal carrier molecule for hydrogen in an existing infrastructure for a variety of applications.
The company from Schleswig-Holstein plans to build and operate plants for the production of synthetic fuels – so-called e-fuels – such as methanol. For this puspose, the company synthesizes green hydrogen with CO2 produced in industrial processes. Methanol and higher-value products from such production can be used as fuel in heavy-duty transport or as a basic chemical in the chemical industry.
December 2020 in close cooperation with DIA Invest
Type of company:
in 25572 Büttel near Brunsbüttel
Founder and shareholder:
Dirk Reupke, Gerold Neumann, Thomas Stratmann,
Uli Piepel, COCOON GmbH
Chairman of the Board
Managing Director at DIA Invest
Dr. Uli Piepel
Member of the Board
Managing Director at 3P
Member of the Board
Managing Director at Accuro Group
Dr. Gerold Neumann
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Dr. Burkhard Holl
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
How to reach us: